Monday, August 4, 2008

Love the Sun!

It has been so hot here and I'm really enjoying our lovely but brief summer. It's been lingering in the 102 degree range but is very pleasant at night.

Chris is taking long weekends for the rest of summer and this past Friday we went to the water slides again. It was wonderful. We were in Provo an hour before the park opened so we stopped in at Archivers and I restocked my button supply (after Scrapvivor I was out) and bought a other few odds and ends. On the way home my sweetie bought me a Cuttlebug! I am so excited about it because as a die cut machine it's nice and useful but as an embosser it's THE COOLEST THING EVER! I love my swiss dots folder and my swirl folder. Denting perfectly good paper is a thrill that I can't imagine getting tired of. Here is a pic to illustrate what it does:

This is a card I found online that uses swiss dots as a background. It is by artist Gina Pier and you can read her blog here. If you like the bombshell/pin-up/ tattoo look, this company makes neat edgy rubber stamps: Bombshell Stamps

Here is a card made from the swirl folder, I saw this on both flickr and splitcoast stampers but can't find a blog to link you to.

Anyhow, I'm very pleased with my embosser. Tres cool.

The boys are setting up our giant pool in the wild area of our yard. It's a good project for them and has taken all day. I'll post pics once they are done.

This morning I finished the edits on my article for Family Fun. They expanded the space I could have and it is nearly 400 words now which is a big increase from the 150-200 I was originally alloted. It will be exciting to see it in the fall.

There is a sketch contest running over at the Page Maps blog and it's Monday which means there's another new card sketch at 2sketches4you. Enjoy! Now go and make something :-)

6 comments:

Angela said...

I need to get my Cuttlebug out and use it more.

ginapier said...

I am honored that you like my work and posted my blog! Thanks so much!

Nicole Maki said...

Hey Angela:

I really like the embossing folders. I wonder if I'm weird though - I only bought one die cut.

Nicole Maki said...

Hi Gina:

Like your work, I LOVE it. You are incredibly talented. I plan to pick up some of those rad stamps and make some tattoo inspired cards for myself :-)

Thanks for stopping by.

Unknown said...

I re-upped my Family Fun subscription because you'll be in it :)

Nicole Maki said...

Hey Jenna,

Thanks! This is the third time I've been in Family Fun but the first time I'm getting paid and a decent amount of space. So exciting!