Sorry for the lack of posts this past week. I knew waiting thirty days until I start treatment for my back problems was going to be tough, but I had not anticipated also taking a turn for the worse during this time. Surprise! (Note my dripping sarcasm.)
That said, I have some blessings to count:
1. I'm not near as freaked about the spinal injections. Frankly if someone said they 'd like to administer pain relief via a sharp spike through my eyeball, I think I'd be tempted. Plus, I called the physician and learned they use fluoroscopy which is much more exact in it's placement and subsequently a lot more effective. Effective is good.
2. We're getting a boatload of homeschooling done. Making sure the kids get some measure of structure is important to me and by afternoon I'm usually knackered so we are having really awesome homeschool mornings. We're accomplishing a great deal of targeted learning and I was able to get next year's plans more or less hammered out. We're one teeny-weeny lesson away from finishing the last straggling bits of the 2008-2009 school year and then we'll have completed every single thing we set out to do. Woo-hoo. My goal was to be done by September so we came in right on target.
3. This month we put 63% of our income on debt and lived off the other 37%. We've got six days left in our fiscal month and the envelopes still have a few bucks left in them, the cupboards are full, kids have shoes, I bought some glorious white-wash Core'dinations cardstock and Chris has gone out for lunch a handful of times. A budget is pretty much the coolest tool ever. It was so neat to need stuff for school and to have money already waiting in that category. Ditto for the aforementioned shoes etc. In a time that is so mentally taxing, it is an enormous relief to not have to think too hard about money too.
A nice side product of our new financial plan is that gifts mean so much more. When Chris comes home with something special for me (like vanilla soy creamer for my coffee) I know that the two bucks really effected his bottom line and came out of his personal spending money. It's very sweet. And the boys are enjoying how much more time we are spending together now that we are staying home and enjoying the wonderful things we already have instead of chasing after new thrills.
As soon as I'm crafting again - and can think clearly - I'll be back to my old self and blogging like a fiend. Right now, I don't even have the attention span to read the back cover blurb on a paper back, the pain is just too all-encompassing.
Wishing you all lots and lots of love. Please forgive my silences and occasional surliness. I'm doing the best I can and even that is a small, small thing compared to what I'm used to.