Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Card a Day #4, a RAK and Budget Cuteness

I've noticed that I alway use up my generic cards first so I thought I'd make one for Sketch 4. This is a sketch that was used by Caardvarks back in the winter and I was really unhappy with how mine turned out. It was nice - albeit intimidating - to take another crack at it.

On this card I used a printable image of the tree and rainbow. They were previously available by Marieke Vermeulen Design and I have got so much use out of them. Here's the card:


When we refinanced our mortgage last week we were delighted to learn that our next mortgage payment isn't until October. This is HUGE as we can put the entire mortgage payment on other bills and pay them down much, much faster than we planned.

I also put together our emergency fund:


I really need to be literal right now and this insures our emergency cash isn't spent elsewhere.

And our envelope system - I bet you knew it was going to be cute :-)


Yesterday we visited the doctor and Avery has pink eye. Yuck. I always think of it as a little kid disease - and a gross one at that. He's had it for a week and none of us have caught it so all that hand washing must be working. I also heard really good things about the anesthesiologist who is taking over my case - what a blessing as I've been nervous about the whole thing. To be honest, I've been having nightmares about the pain clinic. I know it's not designed to cause pain but my experience with medical treatment is that they fix one thing and make something else horribly worse. One med I took solved a neurological problem but kills your liver - fast. I had to go to the fire station every other day to have my vitals checked. Uncool! I can only imagine what torturous plans the docs have for me this go around. (Now where did I leave my optimism? Must have been in my other pants. *snort*)

I'm rapidly approaching my 300th blog post and am thinking about sending a RAK out. Here's the rub though, I could really use a laugh so you need to tell me a joke in the comments. You get one entry for the joke and a 2nd entry for following my blog. I'll draw a winner on Monday.

The RAK will include:


12 comments:

Diane said...

Nicole, I love your creativeness shown at TSR. Here is a joke that I received this week and just loved. I hope this links up properly, but if not, copy and paste because it is definitely worth it!

http://aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf
Diane

Steve & Joyce Rodli said...

Hiya, I haven't known you that long but I figured it would be wrapped in something crafty(budget thingy)! I kept using this one word in my conversation with my hubby last night and he made up a joke and now, slick as snottt...The joke is gone [for now, he might remember later] because I can't remember the word!
Happy Happies. Joyce

Mary C. said...

I don't need to be in your RAK and I currently don't know any jokes but I love your creations. In particular, your emergency fund. That is just SO YOU!
Are you doing the Dave Ramsey thing? I have heard it seriously works.
Do you think it's funny that I am covering up my gray roots with black eye shadow?

Jenn said...

Knock, knock?
Who's there?
Olive.
Olive who?


I LOVE YOU!

Kelly said...

A mushroom walks into a bar. The bartender says, "we don't accept your kind around here." the mushroom says, "what? I'm a fun guy!"

I love your card with the rainbow!

CathyR said...

Cute card. I love the emergency fund, too funny. The envelope book looks great too.

Anonymous said...

The card is cute....but the emergency stash....priceless!!!! I LOVE IT! You are a genius!

Unknown said...

The state of our nations economy. Oh wait that's not a joke it's a reality.

Love the emergency fund and kudos to you for actually putting yourself on and following a budget!!

Unknown said...

What do vampires do at a duel?

They stand Drac to Drac.

Sweet cards and a nice giveaway. Hope today is a good one for you.

Kathi said...

I love that rainbow card.

I used to follow Marieke and then forgot. *sigh*

Char said...

ere is a cute joke..

A new pastor was visiting the homes of his parishioners.

At one house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door. Therefore, he took out a card and wrote "Revelation 3:20" on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message, Genesis 3:10."

Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke up in gales of laughter.

Revelation 3:20 begins "Behold, I stand at the door and knock." Genesis 3:10 reads, "I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid, for I was naked."

Unknown said...

Awesome stuff Girl!!!!