Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Beautified Blotter Page

Thanks for all the love yesterday. Today I feel like I was run over by a Zamboni. Ouch. Not exactly unexpected though.


In the past, I've blogged about my "craft space"... a calendar blotter, and how I'm really happy with this system. As my projects have gotten wetter, stickier and more goopy I've needed to use about five blotters a year. Which at the Target dollar spot costs me about five bucks and I get the bonus of having the nice chipboard backs for other projects.

After making all the pages for my Art Journal, my blotter looked pretty cool. Not one to waste, I decided it would make an awesome base for a LO.

(As always, click to see details)

I tried attaching my journalling block with paint to make the area stand out a bit from the rest. It was a neat new messy way of sticking stuff together and I'm glad to have it in my arsenal.


Tip: When you are doing a lot of ripping and curling, sewing down your elements helps them stay put during all the abuse you put them through.

As always, I bow down to the awesomeness of Alisa Burke. Without her classes I never would have tried stuff like this.

4 comments:

Carmen said...

I really agree. I've only done the graffitti class with Alisa Burke but even just that has opened my eyes to different ways to do things. I definitely want to do more.

The blotter idea is great - I've wrecked both my cutting mats with glue and paint so now don't have a nice smooth surface when I do 'clean' work. I might have to see where I can buy these over here. Being a laptop worker quite often too... it makes sense. Thanks Nicole.

Love that page too! Must get my sewing machine working.

CuddlyBunny said...

I love your "blotter" layout! It's beautiful!

Of course, how could you go wrong with the cute couple in those photos? :)

2amscrapper said...

very creative! love the look!

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace sandro