Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cake #12: The Best Popcorn Cake We didn't Eat


Cookies and Cups is a blog that I get a real kick out of. Shelly creates the most incredibly sugar-filled, calorie-dense, FUN recipes around. As you know, I'm always on the lookout for different types of cakes to  keep my 52 Cakes Project interesting so when I read about her Popcorn Cake I had to give it a go. And with this broken foot business it was just the time to try something that the kids could assemble more or less on their own. Plus we'd rented King's Speech so popcorn was already on the menu.

Please go to her blog to get the actual directions. But here's the gist of the sugary shenanigans we got into.

Take this great stuff:


Melt marshmallows and butter into ooey-gooey yumminess:

(Don't mind the mess but check out my menu - I'm proud of it *grin* And yes, my youngest is in jammies. He was up all night sick. Poor sprout.)

Carefully pour over your popcorn mix.


Stir


Pack it into a tube pan or bundt pan coated with cooking spray.


Cover with foil and let cool for at least an hour.

Unmold and enjoy


Or not... Notice Anything? 

How about now?


Looks like someone decided to crash our party.

5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Thank GOODNESS you saw it before y'all ate it!

I always do the marshmallows and butter with my popcorn. It is like rise crispie treats without the rice crispies!

de said...

OMG Nicole! Atleast you saw it before eating it. Yuk.

Um, I'd say give it another go and make sure you don't have any party crashers next time!

Kim said...

oh- it looked so yummy too- what a disappointment! I was wondering what happened when I read the title :)

Unknown said...

We're going to try it...without the insect intruder of course!

CathyR said...

Oh my. Good think you noticed it before you dug in.